David Pilato is Developer and Evangelist at elastic and French spoken language User Group creator. In his free time, he likes talking about elasticsearch in conferences or in companies (Brown Bag Lunches).
See also http://david.pilato.fr/
"With microservices every outage is like a murder mystery"
This is a common complaint. But it doesn't have to be! This talk gives an overview on how to monitor Spring Boot applications, since they are increasingly popular for building microservices. We dive into:
- System metrics: Keep track of network traffic and system load.
- Application logs: Collect structured logs in a central location.
- Uptime monitoring: Ping services and actively monitor their availability and response time.
- Application metrics: Get the information from Boot's metrics and health via REST or JMX.
- Request tracing: Use elastic APM to trace requests through a distributed system to show how long each call takes from Kibana.
And we will do all of that live, since it is so easy and much more interactive that way.